a few facts about water
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated - (this probably also applies to all other countries also)!
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism greatly!
- One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
- Lack of water is the primary reason for daytime fatigue.
- Research indicated that 8 - 10 glasses of water a day can significantly ease BACK and JOINT PAIN for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic mathematics, and difficulty in focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreased the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking enough water?